Creating Accountability For Surgical Errors
Surgical patients depend on the skill and care of every member of their surgery team to survive an operation alive and intact. It’s hard to imagine a greater degree of vulnerability than lying unconscious with a body cavity open while completely reliant on others for such basic activities as breathing and circulation.
At the Pittsburgh law firm of Richards & Richards, LLP our medical malpractice attorneys help the victims of surgical negligence recover the damages they need to compensate for the losses they have suffered. In some cases, those damages will involve paralysis or other permanent spinal cord damage. In other situations, permanent loss of brain function will be the main basis of the damages calculation.
Handling A Wide Variety Of Surgery Malpractice Cases
Our Pittsburgh med mal lawyers help people with surgical negligence cases such as the following:
- Operating on the wrong organ or body part
- Surgical instruments and/or sponges left behind
- Birth injuries resulting from negligence in the delivery room
- Anesthesia errors resulting in death or permanent disability
- Laparoscopic surgery mistakes
- Negligence in bariatric surgery, including gastric bypass procedures
- Negligent treatment during postoperative recovery, when the patient remains highly vulnerable
We also know that many victims of surgical malpractice don’t survive the injuries resulting from negligence during or after surgery. In those cases, we apply Pennsylvania wrongful death law to pursue the rights of the grieving families. Our ability to represent your interests effectively and compassionately can be an important source of support at a difficult time of transition.
Why Choose Us?
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
To learn how our law firm’s approach to surgical errors and surgical negligence litigation can benefit you, contact the medical malpractice attorneys at Richards & Richards, LLP in Pittsburgh for a free consultation.