Recovering Damages For Negligent Prescription Errors
Many unnecessary patient injuries and fatalities result from negligence at various stages of the prescription medication process. If you feel that an error in a prescription played a role in the death or serious injury of someone in your family, contact a knowledgeable medical malpractice attorney at Richards & Richards, LLP in Pittsburgh.
We Review Your Case Carefully To See Who Might Be Responsible For Your Loss
The responsible party in a case of prescription error could be practically anyone involved in the care or treatment of the patient. In a negligent prescription case, we look at the performance of the prescribing physician, the pharmacy that filled the prescription, and any nurse or health care professional responsible for the safe administration of the drug. We work closely with medical experts in each of these fields to make sure that we have a thorough understanding of the error and its effect upon you.
Our lawyers handle such prescription error cases as the following:
- Prescribing the wrong medication in light of the patient’s condition, other medications or allergies
- Overdose or underdose of medication based on negligent circumstances, such as prescribing an adult dose for a child
- Failure to administer the drugs at the right time or in the right circumstances
- Failure to monitor for known side effects
- Keeping the patient on a contraindicated drug after the side effects are known
- Filling a prescription in the wrong dosage or wrong medication
- Errors in pain medication
We Will Help You Get Answers And Compensation
Let us put our medical malpractice experience to work for you after a medication error has harmed you or a loved one. For a free initial consultation, call 412-261-2620 or contact us online.