Damages Claims For Nursing Errors
Nurses have an independent responsibility to provide proper care for their patients. If a nurse fails to follow instructions correctly, or doesn’t bother to report complications or dangerous vital signs, the patient’s outcome can be just as bad as if a surgeon or treating physician committed the error.
At the Pittsburgh law firm of Richards & Richards, LLP our medical malpractice attorneys don’t forget to consider the role of nursing error when evaluating a patient’s case. Contact us for a free consultation to learn more about your rights.
Examples of nursing error that might have contributed to a patient’s serious injury or death include the following:
- Failure to follow standard treatment protocols or a doctor’s specific instructions
- Following the wrong instructions
- Negligence in reporting complications or signs of distress
- Medication errors at a hospital, clinic or home care assignment
- Giving a nurse responsibilities beyond her training or experience
In most cases, the employer hospital will be liable for nursing errors, but we also handle cases involving private duty nurses or independent nurse contractors.
Learn More About Your Right To Compensation; Call 412-261-2620
Our attorneys are completely committed to protecting the rights of people who have suffered terrible losses as the result of negligence on the part of any medical professional. For advice about your rights in a case of nursing error, contact Richards & Richards, LLP in Pittsburgh.