Holding OB/GYNs Accountable For Costly Mistakes
Malpractice by obstetricians and gynecologists can have devastating results for women who trust their OB/GYN to care for them. Misdiagnosing or failing to promptly diagnose cervical or ovarian cancer can be fatal. Failing to recognize symptoms of serious disease or other prenatal problems can result in severe injury and medical problems for both babies and their mothers.
Even a well-trained OB/GYN can cause serious injury if he or she lacks information or judgment when making important decisions. At Richards & Richards, LLP we hold physicians and other medical professionals responsible for their actions which injure innocent patients. If you or your child suffers from medical conditions as a result of a doctor’s care, please contact our Pittsburgh law office today.
Experienced Nurse Practitioner-Attorney With Medical And Legal Knowledge
Veronica A. Richards, the managing partner of our medical malpractice law firm, is a nurse practitioner as well as a seasoned malpractice trial attorney. She is a member of the American College of Legal Medicine (ACLM) and has been designated as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer . Her knowledge of both medicine and law helps her correctly determine when the actions of an OB/GYN did not meet the minimum standards of care.
Working with associate attorney Sandra S. Neuman, our medical malpractice legal team works hard to get justice, seek the truth and improve patient safety.
Types Of Gynecologist/Obstetrician Mistakes And Resulting Injuries
- Failure to order breast exams and mammograms, improper reading of mammograms, failure to follow up on ambiguous mammogram results with ultrasound and biopsy, and other negligence can result in a delay in the diagnosis of breast cancer and a significantly greater risk of dying from the cancer.
- Failure to order and properly perform pap smears and other tests can result in failure to detect cervical cancer, or detection only after the cancer has spread or metastasized.
- Improper prenatal care during a mother’s pregnancy.
- Negligence during labor and delivery can result in a birth injury such as cerebral palsy. Birth injuries are especially devastating. When your baby’s health is at risk due to medical negligence the responsible physician should be held liable.
- Failure to detect an ectopic or tubal pregnancy
- Mistakes during a laparoscopic surgical procedure
- Negligence in treating endometriosis or fibroid tumors
Gynecologist malpractice results in a number of injuries that could have been prevented. Due to the large variety of cases, we limit ourselves to representing only those who, as a result of medical care, suffer from serious injuries, such as brain injury, sterility, paralysis, and spinal cord injury. By limiting the number of cases we accept, we can concentrate on better serving our clients.
Contact Our Firm For More Information. Consultations Are Free.
If you, your child or another family member has suffered due to gynecologist/obstetrician malpractice, trust an experienced lawyer who has been educated in both the medical and legal fields. Contact a medical malpractice attorney at the Pennsylvania law offices of Richards & Richards, LLP. There are no fees unless we recover compensation for you.