Karesa M. Rovnan
Karesa Rovnan focuses her practice in the area of medical malpractice. In law school, Karesa was an articles editor for The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Law Review. She also served as a teaching assistant for the Director of Legal Writing, assisting with first-year legal writing classes.
During her final year of law school, Karesa devoted a significant amount of her time to working in the Law School’s Health Law Clinic. There she practiced as a certified legal intern representing low-income individuals in Social Security Disability and guardianship hearings. She was selected by law school faculty to be awarded the Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award for her work at the Clinic.
Karesa completed law school with honors, being appointed to the Order of the Coif.
Since graduating law school, Karesa has dedicated her practice to working for injured victims of negligence and professional malpractice. As a first-generation college graduate who was born and raised in Western Pennsylvania, it is important to her to be the voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. Being a member of a small law firm allows her to give personal attention to her clients from start to finish. Karesa’s number one goal is to make sure her clients are not only compensated for their injuries but to help ease her clients’ journeys through the legal process.
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – May, 2012, cum laude
- St. Francis University, Loretto, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – May, 2008
- Honors College, Departmental Honors in Political Science and History
Honors and Awards
- Lead Counsel Rated, Medical Malpractice, 2015
- Lead Counsel Rated, Medical Malpractice, 2016
- Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award, 2012
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Order of the Coif, 2012
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Law Review: Articles Editor, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association
- Served on the ACBA Bar Leadership Initiative, 2014-2015
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Fair Housing Partnership, 2013-2014
Past Employment Positions
- Biancheria & Maliver, PC, Medical Malpractice Associate
- Portnoy & Quinn, LLC, Associate